The Stoner Comedy has been around for a long time but it has evolved over the years. Sometimes when you just want to laugh at stupid jokes these are the movies you turn to. Here are 5 Great Stoner Movies to enjoy.
1. Dazed and Confused – Alright, alright, alright! Let’s start things off with a classic. The story of the first day of summer vacation for a group of high school kids in the 70’s. Not only is a tale about looking for a great party but also about growing up and really captures a youthful spirit. The movie also has a great cast that included 3 future Oscar winners (Matthew McConaughey, Ben Affleck, and Renee Zelwegger in an uncredited part)
2. The Big Lebowski – Apparently there is a new genre called “Stoner Noir”. Guess it crosses the elements of Film Noir with a stoner comedy. The Big Lebowski is the prime example of this that. When someone pisses on the Dude’s (Jeff Bridges) rug he ends up being sucked into a kidnapping plot that involves millionaires, porn directors, and nihilists. All the Dude wants is a new rug.
3. The Pineapple Express – This could be considered our second “Stoner Noir” on the list. When Dale Denton (Seth Rogen) witnesses a murder he goes into hiding with his pot dealer Saul (James Franco) and together they must try to piece the mystery together.
4. Cheech and Chong’s Up in Smoke – The classic first feature length Cheech and Chong movie. As the two stoners end up on a road trip together that finds them on the run from the cops. And as expected craziness occurs.
5. Harold and Kumar Go to White Castle – What happens when two stoners get the munchies and feel a craving to go to White Castle? Well they end up going on one bizarre adventure that somehow involves running into Neil Patrick Harris. This is one of those movies that is just stupid enough to be funny.