1. Jesus Christ Superstar – This maybe one of the more obvious ones on this list but it is worth mentioning. If you have only seen the stage musical you are missing out on a very different experience. The movie is about a bunch of actors putting on a performance and the wardrobe is clearly 70’s and it will always seem strange to see the Roman’s guarding Jesus with machine guns.
2. The Last Temptation of Christ – Maybe one of the most controversial movies on the list. The Last Temptation of Christ caused quite the stir when it was released in 1988. Depicting an alternate life of Jesus that deviated severely from the Gospel caused many Christians to boycott the film. But in the end it is a story of one of the many temptations of Jesus by Satan and doesn’t have to be seen as sacrilegious.
3. The Life of Brian – If you like your movies with more satire then Monty Python’s Life of Brian might be for you. Brian is born the same day as next door to Jesus and is constantly mistaken for Jesus his whole life. The movie ends with “Always Look on the Bright Side of Life” as Brian is being crucified on the cross.
4. Easter Bunny, Kill! Kill! – If you are looking for an Easter themed horror film then Easter Bunny, Kill! Kill! Might be for you. Not much to say about this movie then it is probably what you expect from a horror movie called Easter Bunny, Kill! Kill!.
5. Mallrats – Mallrats might not be the first movie you think of when you think of Easter movies but it does take place at Easter and features Jay and Silent Bob beating up the Easter bunny.
6. Santa and the Ice Cream Bunny – Santa and the Ice Cream Bunny isn’t even about Easter but it does feature a bunny and we thought we had to share it. What happens when Santa Claus’ sled gets stuck in the sand in Florida? Well you call the ice cream bunny driving a fire truck. This one is for the fans of really bad movies like Santa Claus Conquers The Martians will probably love this.