It's Milwaukee Day (4/14 get it) and we thought we would share some of our favorite movies that take place in Milwaukee. Let us know what your favorites are.
1. Bridesmaids - The funniest movie on our list about a Maid of Honor trying to deal with her friend getting married and a bizarre group of Bridesmaids. Nominated for an Oscar for Best Screenplay and Supporting Actress (Melissa McCarthy) the movie is one of the few mainstream movies to take place in the city.
2. American Movie - Before I moved to Milwaukee someone told me watch this movie to see what Milwaukee was really like. While it doesn't represent all of Milwaukee it is a fun documentary about one of Milwaukee most determined filmmaker Mark Borchardt.
3. Dahmer -A movie about Milwaukee's notorious serial killer. Starring two time Academy Award nominee Jeremy Renner the movie reconstructs the murders in a very disturbing way.
4. Dawn of the Dead - Has nothing to do with Milwaukee except that is where they decided to place the fictional mall. But the movie is full of action and one of the better horror remakes.
5. The Jeffrey Dahmer Files - Unfortunately our city was home to one of the most notorious serial killers in the country and another movie about him makes the list. This movie is a documentary that looks at the people surrounding the case like the detective that first interviewed him and his neighbor. Directed by Milwaukee's own Chris James Thompson the movie offers a different look at the Dahmer case. Thompson also just made a documentary short that The 414's that takes a look at a local computer group that are considered the first hackers. Take a look at it here on CNN
Honorable Mention -Mr. 3000 - While the movie may not be that great I got to be in Miller Park as an extra while they were filming it. It doesn't live up to Major League which was also filmed in Milwaukee but the movie took place in Cleveland so doesn't make this list.