1. Groot (The Guardians of the Galaxy) - The most recent lovable tree. He is big and scary and an excellent fighter but has a heart of gold. Although he might not be the brightest he is someone you want on your team.
2. Ents (The Lord of the Rings Trilogy) - They maybe big and slow but when the time calls for it they are ready to battle. Making their first appearance in The Two Towers with the help of Hobbits they make their strength know during battle.
3. Rape Tree (The Evil Dead) - When it comes to scary tree's in horror movies there is none scarier than the tree in The Evil Dead. When you run from a cabin in the woods you don't expect to be taken hostage by a tree. And you definitely don't expect that tree to rape you. It is graphic and makes you want to stay out of the woods.
4. The Tree of Souls (Avatar) - The spiritual tree of the Na'vi comes under attack by those pesky humans trying to mine Unobtanium. The tree survives and remains a source of strength for the Na'vi and humans who have come to understand it.
5. The Fighting Trees (The Wizard of Oz) - One more obstical on Dorothy's road to Oz. These tree's don't like having their apples picked and will fight off those who dare touch them. Not as dangerous as other tree's on this list but still ones to avoid.
6. Grandmother Willow (Pocahontas) - The wisest of trees. She helps guide Pocahontas through her journey with sage advice.
Dishonorable Mention- Can't do a movie tree list without mentioning The Happening. Spoiler Alert: The trees are trying to kill you. What could have been a decent story ends up being a slow movie horror movie about people going mad because of something the trees are giving off. It is neither scary or intense.