Happy 4th of July everyone. This is from an old blog of mine but thought I would share again.
1. The Patriot-Mel Gibson and Heath Ledger fight the British in this violent action movie.
2. 1776-Fun musical about the writing of the Declaration of Independence
3. John Adams-HBO Miniseries-The life of John Adams incudes his rise to prominence in Massachusetts to his presidency and death. Paul Giamatti gives a great performance as Adams.
4. The Crossing-A&;E TV movie-About Washington's crossing of the Delaware River with Jeff Daniels playing Washington.
Since there weren't many movies about the Revolutionary War I decided to do an additional list of movies that sounds like they should be about the Revolutionary War but aren't.
1. Independence Day-Takes place on the 4th of July but instead of fighting the British we are fighting aliens.
2. Born on the 4th of July-Sounds patriotic but a controversial film from Oliver Stone about the Vietnam War.
3. The Birth of a Nation-Not about the Revolutionary War but about the start of the KKK.
4. God Bless America -Not at all what it sounds like it is really about a guy that goes crazy and starts a killing people.
5. American Beauty - Sounds like it would be a nice tail of America but it is about the falling apart of a family.